Friday, July 24, 2009

Sketch: Mediterranean Style House, Austin, TX

I'm still trying to decide if I like this house or not, but it seemed like a good practice to combine the curves, straight lines, and shadows that I've been practicing into one particular sketch. It did not come out as well as I'd hoped. In sketching it, I found the scene to be far more complicated to sketch than what I'd thought it would be.

I did rather poorly on the pool, and the arches on the right-side are laughable. My inner lines for the windows on the right are off as well. However, drawing without a ruler, compass, or any other tools, I am happy with how straight and evenly curved the structure turned out. I think the strongest part of the sketch is definitely in the left-hand side.

Our class took a field trip out to the Dallas Art's district and I got some incredible photos. I'll be sharing them as soon as I can edit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog